Friday, January 11, 2013

An Amazing Christmas Present

This year I figured my Christmas present was our trip to San Jose Del Cabo with the kids and Isabelle.   And it was a fabulous Christmas present.    I didn't need another thing.   As it turned out John and I had an abundance of riches this year with lovely gifts of wine, coffee, a beautiful coach bag, and other treats.   One gift took me by surprise and amazed me.   It was a hard bound book of the last three years of this blog.    All my musings and photos are preserved in a book that I can leaf through and also that will be around to share with the family in years to come.   I am hoping that the grandkids and hopefully someday great grandkids might have fun seeing how Grandpa and Nana set off an adventure in their retirement.     The best part of all was the inscription:

"Dedicated to my mom who inspires me to live a life full of adventure, love, and community"

What Mom wouldn't break down and sob when reading something so touching?  Shannon I'm not sure you appreciate what a gift this was.    I will never forget it.   Thank you darling.



No comments:

Post a Comment