Saturday, October 5, 2013

It was a fun summer but almost time to close the Kaspar Inn

Fall seems to be a time for reflection for me.     As I think about this past spring and summer, I feel so fortunate.   Isabelle is growing and changing so fast and I am so glad we are in town to share this wonderful time. She has the cutest corkscrew curls right now.

 It was a busy time what with selling the Brier house and buying the townhouse in Ridgefield.     And then we wanted to share our new place with friends and family.  It is wonderful to be so close to everyone.    And as I think about packing up the motor home and heading for Tucson, I am excited to get to the desert and the new friends we have made at Desert Trails.    What a great life and I am grateful.

Since I wrote last we have managed to get some hiking in and also some fun adventures with friends.    Mary Wales & John are friends we know from Desert Trails.  They gave us free tickets for the Columbia Gorge Sternwheeler.   What a treat.   It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed a 2 hour cruise from Cascade Locks to Bonneville Dam and back.





We took a last trip of the season to Port Townsend to see LeAnne and help her move some things.    On the way there we stopped to see Madonna & Matt and also drove to the top of Mt Walker.    On the way home we spent a night with Kathy & Bill & had a fun lunch with my sister & brother in law.   We packed a lot into a long weekend.   
Our last overnight company was Jan & Lonnie.    We had a great couple days catching up, eating, drinking, and driving up the Columbia River Gorge.    We hoped to see some fall color but there wasn't much.    So we made our own color with lots of laughs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment