Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hiking, Biking, Exercizing, and Painting

Hard to believe that we have been at Desert Trails 2 1/2 weeks. One of the best parts of DT is how active we are here. We have been hiking at Madera Canyon, Brown Mountain, and met Bill & Jan at Catalina State Park.

We go biking on Mondays with the bike club which is a great way to find new bike paths. Kirsten & Cline arrived a couple days after we did and we had our first dinner at Mi Nidito (fun mexican restaurant). I had my first acrylic painting class of the season. Lake Michigan on a stormy, snowy night. Not too bad for an amatuer.


I have a new volunteer project. On Friday mornings I am a dog walker at the local shelter. I walk 5 or 6 dogs for 20 minutes a piece. They are in cages all day unless there are volunteers to walk. It is hard to walk away at the end when they look at you with their sad eyes.

Heading to Rock Hound State Park near Deming, NM to meet Bill & Jean Potabi (from Albuquerque). Staying Sunday through Wednesday. Then back to Desert Trails for Thanksgiving. Hard to spend the holiday away from the kids. But I made my reservations to fly to Portland in April when the baby is due. PS - It's a girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment